Thursday, July 29, 2010

Soy Chorizo, Potatoes and Veggies


So todays blog I'm going to show you how I made a Soy Chorizo, Potatoes and Veggies.

Chorizo is:

Chorizo is a type of pork sausage originating in the Iberian Peninsula. Today, there are variations found in Spanish and Portuguese-speaking nations around the world. Chorizo comes in many varieties, from the cured to the fresh, from the spicy to the sweet, and holds an honored place in many cuisines.

Spanish chorizo traditionally contains peppers that lend a red color and smoky flavor to the sausage. A cured food, Spanish chorizo may be eaten plain or cooked. Spicy and mild varieties exist. Another variety is semi-cured and must be cooked before eating; this type of Spanish chorizo is often used in huevos con chorizo, or fried chorizo with eggs. The Portuguese version of chorizo is similar to the Spanish one, but it is made with wine and smoke-cured.

Obviously I am using a vegan version of it.


My ingredients are:

  • Soy Chorizo
  • Multi Colored Baby Potatoes*
  • Onion
  • Broccoli
  • Orange Pepper
  • Carrots
  • Spices.
First thing I did was wash, cut and season my potatoes.
The Spices I used on them were
  • Multi colored pepercorns
  • MRS. Dash Table Blend
  • MRS. Dash Original Blend
  • Chili Powder
  • Tandoori (my favorite thing on potatoes)
  • Celery Salt
  • Cumin
  • Turmeric
I baked the potatoes in an oven for 40 minutes, just until soft, since they will be getting cooked more later on.

Next I got out the rest of my ingredient.
I'm using Trader Joes brand Soy Chorizo, but you can use any brand you like.
I got everything washed and shopped up.
You just did a rough cut, but if you want everything uniformed go for it.
I put a pan with oil on the stove and when heating up I pulled out the seasonings I was going to use:
  • Multi colored pepercorns
  • MRS. Dash Table Blend
  • MRS. Dash Original Blend
  • Chili Powder
  • Tandoori (my favorite thing on potatoes)
  • Celery Salt
  • Cumin
  • Turmeric
  • Thyme
  • Mignonette Pepper
I then out the onions in the pan with a bit of salt.
Putting a little salt right after you put the veggies in the pan helps bring out the flavor of the veggies. After the onion I added broccoli, then the carrots, then at the same tine the soy chorizo and the peppers.
Then before adding the potatoes I added most of the seasonings.




After adding the potatoes i added a little more seasoning and sauted until everything was mixed together nicely.

And here you go Soy Chorizo Potatoes and veggies.


*I used multi colored baby potatoes since I find them to be nice and creamy and I like that texture, I also think they add great color to dishes. But use any potatoes you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment