Monday, July 26, 2010

Full Meal?!

Hello world welcome to my blogisphere. This is my fourth entry and I have made a main course, two sides and a dip.

What I made was:

  • Bean Avocado Burgers
  • Kale Chips
  • Tomato Avocado Roasted Corn Salad
  • And Guacamole.

These are just how I made them, but if you like stuff spicy and what not you can add more seasoning to it.

I like my food mild so that’s how I did mine.

Start off with preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

First thing I did was get my corn in the oven to roast.

I put Balsamic vinegar, oil, celery salt, pepper, and Mrs Dash to season it.

Cook for about 30 minutes





Next I got to work on the Kale chips.

Firstly cut the big stems off of it, since those get tough. Then cut in to thirds and wash. After that gets some of the excess water off, but don’t need to fully fry them. After that tear them more and put them into a bowl toss with oil, a touch of salt and some pepper (I also added so broken up pieces of crispy fried onions for more flavor). Put on a parchment lined baking sheet and put in a 350 oven and bake for about 17 minutes until crispy. Take out of the oven, and top with sea salt.




Next I got to work on the salad, I cut and seeded the tomatoes, seeding them makes it so it doesn’t get to liquidy when you put it altogether and let the season meld together. Cut the tomatoes into smaller chunks. Dice up some red onion, cilantro. Put everything including corn into a bowl. For the dressing I built it on the salad, I used lemon and lime zest, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, and oil. I didn’t add the avocados until about 5 minutes before eating so it wouldn’t oxidize.




Now working on the burgers I used two cans of dark red kidney beans and two cans of black beans. Rinse them well, put them in a bowl and with your hands mash them up. Add one whole avocado to the beans and again use hands to mash it all together. Then add some minced onion, cilantro, garlic, flax seeds and corn meal. Mix all together, you can then add an egg substitute if you want them to hold together better. After that add your seasonings I did salt, pepper, MRS Dash, cumin, cayenne, and chili powder. Form them into burger shapes and put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment and drizzled with oil. After they are on the pan brush oil on top of the burgers and put in the oven and cook for 20 minutes then flip, then cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.





Last thing I made was guacamole. Mine had very little in it but it tasted amazing. First I mashed up a whole avocado then added some small diced seedless tomatoes, minced onion and cilantro, after it is all mixed add lime juice.

And when all that is done you have a nice meal. I put mine on a multigrain roll with the guacamole on the bottom, some daiya cheddar, a small slice of black, orange and pink tomatoes, red onion and vegenaise.


No comments:

Post a Comment