Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Eggs Salad and Layered Bean Dip :D

So in this blog I am going to show you how to make a Vegan Egg Salad and a Layered Bean Dip.
First The Egg Salad.
For this recipe you need
  • Silken Firm Tofu
  • Veganaise
  • Dijon Style Mustard
  • Carrots
  • Onion
  • Nutritional Yeast
  • Turmeric
  • Chives/Scallions
  • Celery (There is none in mine, but it goes very nicely in it)


First you need to get the tofu ready.
For silken firm tofu you can't really press it.
So pop it out of the box onto a paper towel wrap the towel around it and carefully pat the excess water off.

Crumble it into a container and mash it with a fork until it gets to about 'ricotta cheese' texture.

Next add a few spoons of veganaise, a squirt or mustard.
Mix a bit.
Then add some minced onion, grated carrot (i literally used my micro-plane and grated it), and sniped chives.
Lastly add some Nutritional yeast and turmeric.
(Salt and pepper if you like as well)


Mix it all up and you have a nice 'egg salad'


Now I am going to show you how to make a layered bean dip.
In mine I used
  • 'Sour Cream'
  • Medium Salsa
  • Black Bean
  • Guacamole
  • Tomato
  • Daiya

Put the 'sour cream' as the bottom layer and thin it out

Next put the salsa on top of the sour cream

Now what I did was because I was using black beans not refried beans was I heated them up with some of the sour cream to make it cream

Once that is done put it over the salsa layer

Next put the layer of guacamole (I used fresh)

Now put a layer of sliced tomato.
As you can see I used yellow and pink tomatoes,
but you can use normal red ones or whatever you like.

For the last layer I used a mix of Daiya cheese.

I ate mine with Trader Joes brand Rice and Bean chips, carrots, cucumber, and home grown cherry/grape tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment