Tuesday, July 20, 2010

First Post = Vegan Tofu Scramble

Hello and welcome to Happy-NyssFoods.
Happy-NyssaFoods has come about from being bored one summer.
I do most of the cooking in my house for my mother and I, we are both vegan.
So first thing I am going to make is a Vegan Tofu Scramble.
Tofu Scrambles are one of my favorite things to make, especially with the fact that they can be prepared a few hours in advanced and then reheated.
This one I am making will be for dinner tonight.
First thing first make sure your kitchen is clean.
Next take out all ingredients.





For this weeks scramble I a using
  • Tofu (obviously)
  • fresh carrots
  • frozen pea and carrot mix
  • frozen corn
  • onions
  • fresh spinach
  • broccoli slaw





Also take out a garbage bowl, it comes in handy so you don't have to walk back and forth from your work space and the garbage


Chop, wash and press everything


Turn the stove on and add oil to the pan


When the oil is heating up pick out what seasonings you want to use.
I'm using
  • Tumeric
  • Celery Salt (I salt a bit between every ingredient to bring out the flavor)
  • Mrs. Dash Table Blend
  • Mrs. Dash Original Blend
  • Multi Colored Pepper Corns
  • Nutritional Yeast
  • Garlic Paste (I'm out of fresh garlic)
  • White Balsamic Vinegar
Put the onions in the pan salt and cook unil they are slightly translucent

Next add the frozen peas, carrots and corn


Then add the fresh carrots


Add fresh spinach cook until it is wilted

Here it is wilted

After the spinach is wilted add the broccoli slaw
(it is shredded carrots, cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower)

Then add the tofu.
Cook together for about 5 minutes

Next add the garlic paste and stir


After that add all the seasoning and mix together

Lastly add the balsamic vinegar or any other vinegar you like.
Turn off the stove.


After the stove is off add lemon juice for the spinach, adding it when the stove is on make the spinach bitter.


And the final product.
You can garnish anyway you like.

I will probably add fresh tomatoes, heat up some pretzel hamburger buns I bought with a bit of earth balance and Dayia cheddar.


1 comment:

  1. Yum! That's a mighty fine lookin' tofu scram, if I do say so myself. One thing I like to do is add homemade salsa towards the end and stir it up, then serve the skillet with some warm tortillas and slices of avocado. Garnish with cilantro, and BAM! Tofu Rancheros.

    ReplyDelete