Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pita Pizza

So last night I wanted to make something nice and easy and I had tons of pita that I had bought.
So I figured Pita Pizza.
Now bare with me, this is very simple But I forgot to take pictures of one step and the final product.

First the sauce I'm not a huge sauce fan even on pasta I just use a can of diced tomatoes.
So what I did was put a can of diced tomatoes in the food processor with some sun dried tomatoes, home made pesto, and some garlic paste. I then blended until semi-smooth.
I like mine a bit chunky but you can blend until completely smooth.



Next line a cookie sheet with parchment and oil it. Then drizzle oil over the pita and brush it all over, make sure to pay extra attention to the edges, since it won't have sauce on it and you don't want it to burn.
Next I spread the sauce on the pita, then added the vegan cheese.
I used daiya but you can use any type. Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is nice and melted.
There you have it pita pizza.


[Edit 8/25/10] I made another one final product XD



1 comment:

  1. I used to make pita-pizzas all the time! I have to admit I use the jarred stuff, though. Less dishes!

    ReplyDelete