Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thanksgiving meal

Ok so this is really late but this was my thanksgiving meal.

First roasted vegetables, you can use any you like.
I used:
  1. Broccoli
  2. Carrots.
I roasted the veggies for about an hour with just a little oil and balsamic vinegar.

I made mashed potatoes, celery root, and cauliflower in the pressure cooker with about a half cup to a cup of veggie broth, took about 8 minutes total. After the pressuring is done, I added about a quarter cup of toffuti cream cheese and some plain soy milk to make it creamy. The I seasoned with Salt and Pepper. You can use how ever much of the potatoes, celery root, and cauliflower, you can also add other root veggies to the mix.

Next the roast, the roast I used was the Celebration Roast Field Roast.
What I did was defrost vegan puff pastry, and carmalized onion and garlic.
Then I put the carmalized onion and garlic on the puff pastry then put the roast on it, and wrapped the puff pastry around it.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until the puff pastry isn't doughy looking.

The last thing is the stuffing.
I bought a pack of stuffing mix bread crumb, with no flavor.
I mixed that with celery, onion and garlic, cooked down with some veggie broth until soft, then season how you like it.
Plate it all up and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment